We understand that it can be tough to get started on a new game like this - even moreso if you aren't familiar with the game system, setting or even role-playing in general. We recognize that abilities and interest varry, but we do have some minimum requirements to meet (see the System section for more on that). But do not fear - we aren't about to dump this on you without offering some player-guides. That's what this section is all about.
- How To Write A Background - There's a very short "getting started" guide in the System section (on the Characters page). This page goes into more detail on how to write a good background. It's not a sure-fire formula; rather, it is a guideline - a structure for thinking about how to write a background.
- How To Write A Description - Just like the Background guide above, this guide takes you through writing a description.
- Handling Combat - Games wouldn't be games if there weren't contests between characters. This page deals with the ultimate contest. Combat. How to hurt people... and how to GET hurt.
- Generic NPCs (Non Player Characters) - Every good story needs supporting characters. This page is a big (but not all-inclusive) list of generic characters that can be used. Of course, you can start with the Archetypes in the Examples page of the System section. This is just an additional list of supporting cast for you to use in the stories you are telling with other players.
- How To Role-Play - You can find a quick hint/guide here for the basics of what makes Role-Playing work.